Sunday, May 15, 2016

My First Mission Trip at 4 Months Old

Say WHAT??!!

Yep, you heard me right. I was only 4 months old when I went on my first trip to another country. Technically, I wasn't doing missions work, unless you count the fact that I was a fat, pale baby that got a lot of attention from the Mexicans, which could have resulted in my parents having perfect opportunities for outreach... 

I honestly do not remember this trip, but my parents tell stories about it and apparently I had a good time.

Top: my brother on the left and I'm on the right
Bottom: two ladies fascinated by my chubbiness
(June 1998)

The adventures have officially begun!

1 comment:

  1. "Que bonita y gordita! Que blanca!" Yep, that's all we heard the whole trip;) I was a little shocked that they were so willing to just take you and show you around the restaurant in this lower picture. The lady holding you was our waitress and she was so eager to go show you to this other lady. I kept a close eye on you and I think Dad had the quick sense to snap this photo:) Love, Mom. PS Yes we could have had some serious gospel moments of opportunity-- I don't recall taking advantage of the intrigue to say things such as, "Hey you know what? Jesus can make your sins as white as snow, or as white as this beautiful baby's skin tone:)" Aw, man! Moment missed! Glad you are blogging about it! Redemption! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete